The goal of functional safety is to minimize or eliminate risk that can occur during normal and weakened operations of machines or industrial plants. To meet these market demands Sensata has developed a unique range of incremental encoders for the most diverse industrial applications. This extensive range can be used in the highest industrial safety related applications up to SIL3/PLe, Cat.4. and are as simple to implement as any other standard industrial installation.
Safety encoders exclusively featuring digital and sine/cosine analog electronic output options is an industry-first for safety encoders: the range provides a number of unique features:
- Digital (TTL or HTL) electronic output
- Wide selection of sizes and package styles: 58 mm and 90 mm OD, shafted and through shaft up to 30 mm
- Backward compatibility with non-safety rated encoders: Allows for existing installations to be easily upgraded
- Stainless steel housings: Withstands harsh environments, including AIS316 for food and beverage
- Ingress protection up to IP69K: Forreliability in all types of industrial environments