- By Brian Munari, Business Development Manager - HVOR Electrification, Sensata Technologies
Andrew Schneer, Applications Engineer - HVOR Electrification, Sensata Technologies
Precharge circuits are essential for applications with capacitive loads that can result in high inrush currents during power up. Current spikes of thousands of amps can easily damage system components such as causing contactors to weld closed.
In hybrid or electric vehicle applications, a precharge circuit may be used every time the vehicle is turned on.
This 13-page technical white paper covers:
- Overview and benefits of using precharge circuits
- How to design a precharge circuit
- Using a precharge circuit
- How precharge circuits typically fail
- The difference between “wet” vs “dry” switching contactors
- Component guide for precharge circuit solutions including GIGAVAC’s P195 and GV210 precharge contactors as well as main contactors like the GV350, GV200 and HX460 Series.
Download the How to Design a Precharge Circuit for Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Applications White Paper to learn more.