- By Scott Mayo, Field Application Engineer – Smart Factory & Smart Building, Sensata Technologies
Of all the technologies available in the world of machine health monitoring, more commonly known as condition monitoring, vibration monitoring has proven one of the most effective at facilitating predictive maintenance. If a plant operator has decided to implement a predictive maintenance program to manage the plant’s rotating assets, then an understanding of machine vibration is required.
In this first part of a white paper series that explores vibration sensing in the context of machine health monitoring, learn why you should monitor vibration on your rotating equipment, the language of vibration, the most important vibration analysis tool, and an overview of vibration sensors.
This white paper provides an overview of the following:
- What is machine vibration?
- Why monitor vibration on rotating machines?
- Condition monitoring is an essential tool in the reliability professional’s toolkit
- Understanding the language of vibration
- The most important vibration analysis tool: the FFT (Fast Fourier Transform)
- Brief overview of vibration sensors
Download the white paper to learn more.