Dear Valued Supplier Partners,
As news about Coronavirus (COVID-19) echoes throughout the world, our thoughts are with those impacted both globally and within our local communities. At Sensata, our priorities remain, as always, to ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees, customers, suppliers and communities while continuing to provide the highest level of service to our customers.
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, relying on credible information from respected organizations, including the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other federal, state, and local agencies in the United States and globally. We are taking this information into consideration as we set precautionary measures and policies. In light of the foregoing, we have asked our employees located in North America and Europe to work from home as business reasonably allows. We are restricting travel and implementing increased cleaning protocols. In addition, we are asking employees and visitors to avoid in-person meetings and to use remote communication tools instead.
At the same time, we are committed to our customers and to delivering our products timely, in accordance with our agreed upon schedules and timelines. Thus, please understand that we do not view your obligation to deliver parts or services to Sensata as being impacted by COVID-19. We will consider any restriction, delay or cancellation of your obligations to deliver parts or services due to a "Force Majeure" on a case-by-case basis, which will be accepted only in limited situations and with our prior written consent.
As a valued supplier, you have an obligation to secure production and deliver parts to us. We also expect that you have prepared or are in the process of preparing emergency plans for this situation, so that production and delivery can continue or resume as quickly as possible. In the case of any potential or definitive deviation from your product delivery schedule, you must contact our procurement department and material planning department immediately, and we will do our best to work together to find a solution. In addition, please provide us with your company’s specific plans to protect supply. As this is a rapidly developing situation, we ask that you continue to provide us with updates regarding impacted parts, facilities, and your ability to supply parts to us. Similarly, disruptions to any services being provided due to COVID-19 must be communicated immediately to the relevant business and procurement department, and again, we will do our best to work together to find a solution.
As always, we value your work as a supplier and want to work collaboratively to ensure a mutually beneficial outcome to this challenging situation. Sensata reserves all rights under the provisions of any applicable contract, bill of lading, purchase order, terms and conditions or other documents issued in connection with the services or supplies being provided, or under other relevant law.
Please feel free to reach out to your Sensata contacts if you should have any questions. Alternatively, please contact our designated lead, Mr. Kee Wai Leong, Global Procurement COVID 19 Lead, at [email protected].
We appreciate your continued support and partnership with Sensata.
Global Procurement and Site Planning Teams
Be sure to view our updated Purchase Order Number Policy.
Notice of Pending Updates to Responsible Sourcing Requirements for Suppliers
Schedule for 2021 Responsible Sourcing Due Diligence Initiatives
Sensata Suppliers are advised that in 2021, Sensata will be updating its Supplier Code of Conduct (Supplier COC) and related procedures and policies to align with its Sustainability Goals and with the goals and requirements of its key stakeholders.
Key updates will include, among other things: (i) the requirement that Sensata's suppliers, where applicable, take steps to ensure that Conflict Minerals (Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and Gold, or "3TGs") and Cobalt used in products sold to Sensata are sourced from smelters that have successfully completed an assessment against the Responsible Minerals Assurance Process (RMAP) Standard or equivalent cross-recognized assessment (collectively referred to as RMAP conformant) as listed by the Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI); and (2) a re-statement of Sensata's requirement that its suppliers timely respond to annual requests for disclosures regarding 3TGs, Cobalt and other substances on an annual basis, in accordance with a schedule that is established by Sensata.
These and other updates will be included in a revised version of the Supplier COC, which will be published later this year.
As stated in our current Supplier COC and Global Supplier Quality Manual (GSQM) , a failure to address these reporting requirements may result in corrective action, including a loss of future business with Sensata.
2021 Schedule and Requirements for Responsible Sourcing Due Diligence Initiatives
With the support of Assent Compliance, Sensata will begin its 2021 Responsible Sourcing Due Diligence Initiatives in July 2021. These initiatives will include the solicitation of selected suppliers for the following submittals, which are requested to be submitted to Assent no later than August 30, 2021 in order to address certain Customers Specific Requirements.
- Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT) v 6.1. We require that all suppliers that provide parts or materials to Sensata that contain or may contain 3TG provide Assent with a Company Level CMRT for the 2021 Reporting Year no later than August 30, 2021. Suppliers that obtain 3TG from smelters that are not RMAP conformant or do not have "active" status per the RMI Smelters and Refiners List, or from smelters that are identified by the US Government as a sanctioned or prohibited entity will also be required to submit a Product Level CMRT for the parts that it sells to Sensata.
- Cobalt Reporting Template (CRT) v.2.2. We require that all suppliers that provide parts or materials to Sensata that contain or may contain Cobalt provide Assent with a Company Level CRT for the 2021 Reporting Year no later than August 30, 2021. Suppliers that obtain Cobalt from sources that are not RMAP Conformant, or which are sanctioned by the US Government are also required to submit a Product Level CRT for the parts that it sells to Sensata.
- Slavery and Trafficking Risk Template (STRT) v. 2.1. We require that the suppliers selected by Sensata prepare and provide to Sensata an STRT for the 2021 Reporting Year no later than August 30, 2021. These suppliers include: (i) direct suppliers that are subject to the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) or Defense FAR (DFAR); (ii) suppliers that conduct business in a country identified by the US State Department as being at risk of trafficking in persons (Tier II Watch List and Tier III), or (iii) suppliers that are otherwise determined by Sensata to be an important supplier.
Suppliers will be notified via e-mail by Assent as to whether they are in-scope for these Due Diligence Surveys. These requested documents should be prepared by Suppliers and submitted to Assent at a supplier portal to be established by Assent.
Information regarding Conflict Minerals and Slavery and Human Trafficking Risks, and guidance regarding the templates noted above is available to all Sensata suppliers through Assent.
Suppliers that believe that they should be in-scope for these due diligence surveys, but do not receive a notification from Assent are requested to promptly notify Sensata, and to submit the reporting templates described above.
Questions or comments regarding Sensata's Responsible Sourcing requirements and 2021 Due Diligence Schedule should be sent to Sensata's Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Compliance Team at [email protected].
Sensata has established the Sensata Supplier Portal that enables Sensata and its suppliers to collaborate real time for general profile management and material planning purposes.
The Supplier Portal allows Sensata and Supplier to perform:
Automated Registration: For new and existing suppliers.
Data collection: Tax Id, DUNS Information, address, detail contact information, banking, pricing and invoicing.
Notifications: For your Information and Action required (e.g. update profile, documents, surveys, etc.).
Storage and Sharing of Key Documents: Certificates, W9, and Tax Registration.
Transactions: Forecast Sharing, Acknowledgements, Change Request and Advanced Shipping Notices. Some transactions may not be available in all Sensata sites at the beginning; our local Procurement teams will contact Suppliers when all features are ready for use.
The Supplier Portal will be rolled out globally on a site by site basis.
Sensata’s long-term goal is to have all our Direct Material Supply Base utilizing the Supplier Portal. Indirect Suppliers are also encouraged to utilize the Supplier Portal. Future supplier collaboration improvements will include compliance, performance management and EDI capabilities.
If you have any questions about using the Supplier Portal, please reach out to your local Procurement or Supply Planning contact.
Registration to the Supplier Portal is required for both prospective and existing suppliers. Post registration, suppliers can directly access the Supplier Portal.
Please note for Suppliers supporting CST, Kavlico and Thousand Oaks, the Supplier Collaboration functionality is not available at this time.
|Prospective Supplier Registration||Supplier Portal Access|
|Existing Supplier User Registration|
|Brown, Eric||Director, Global Procurement Electronics Category||[email protected]||508-250-7542|
|Czernetzki, Marc Johannes||Manager, Global Procurement HVOR and OST||[email protected]||+4981313863123|
|Maschetto de sa, Renato||Director, Global Procurement Automotive||[email protected]||+35929047388|
|Zimmerman, Jeff||Director, Global Procurement Industrial Sensing and Aero||[email protected]||+17742258987|
Policies & Procedures
- Terms & Conditions of Purchase
- Purchase Order Number Policy
- Human Rights and Working Conditions Policy: Sensata’s human rights expectations apply to all of our personnel, business partners and other parties directly linked to our operations, products or services; as such, Sensata is committed to respecting the United Nations Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights (2011) and its principles within our operations and supply chains.
- Supplier Code of Conduct Policy: Sensata recognizes the shared values it has with its customers, stockholders,
employees and suppliers. We are committed to the highest standards of integrity and ethical behaviors, and we require our suppliers to achieve similarly high standards. The Supplier Code of Conduct (Code) sets out the general requirements
applicable to any all suppliers who provide goods and/or services to Sensata.
Sensata strongly encourages all of its direct and indirect suppliers, including contractors, to train its employees and sub-contractors on ethics and human rights in alignment with Sensata’s Supplier Code of Conduct. To this end, Sensata has created a one-page summary of key ethics and human rights practices which is translated into five languages (English, Spanish, German, Bulgarian, and Chinese), which can be accessed through the links provided below. Sensata also recommends that its suppliers make use of the Supply Chain Sustainability training provided by the Automobile Industry Action Group (AIAG) and the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) and other professional organizations through their respective websites.
- Compliance with Existing Law and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Regarding the Combatting of Human Trafficking: Sensata declares its commitment to identify, assess and eliminate the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking at its facilities and operations, and within its supply chain, consistent with the definitions and requirements of the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010, the UK Modern Slavery Act of 2015, and where applicable, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.222-50 on Combating Trafficking in Persons.
- Slavery and Human Rights Trafficking Statement: This statement has been prepared in accordance with the United Kingdom Modern Slavery Act 2015, Chapter 30, Part 6, Provisions 54 and the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 and discloses measures taken by Sensata Technologies Holding plc and its subsidiaries (Sensata) during the 2018 fiscal year to address human trafficking and forced labor within its operations and supply chain.
- Global Supplier Quality Manual: Updated version, to reinforce the expectation of Sensata and our Customers, to ensure ZERO-DEFECT at any program stage, during mass production and after-market obligations. Rev. R recalls robust Change Management processes at suppliers, incl. adequate communication with Sensata and required approval by Sensata. In case of the announcement of an escalation stage, which is the identification of serious risks for Sensata and their customers, we expect fast retrieval incl. the establishment of actively managed recovery plans by the supplier. It is the responsibility of each Supplier, to review and to assure compliance to the expectation outlined in the "GSQM rev. R". The acceptance of a Sensata Purchase Order is the agreement of all Sensata Terms and Conditions, incl. the actual GSQM.
- REVISED | QMS01108101 Revision Е | Corrective Action Problem Solving 8D Form: Global collaboration between Sensata Customer and Supplier Quality Engineering, Sensata introduces a consolidated Problem Solving Methodology Worksheet. This worksheet is to be used by all Supplier’s when requested to address and investigate nonconformance’s by Sensata. It’s content provides Suppliers with the necessary tools to properly investigate root cause analysis, corrective action and effectiveness of actions taken, etc.
- Statement Regarding the Responsible Sourcing of Cobalt
|QMS01108101||N/A||Global 8D Instructions & Template, Containment Instructions & Worksheets||F|
|QMS-1006304||G-SM-24||Supplier Request for Engineering Change Approval [SREA] Supplier Deviation Request||F|
|QMS-1004961||G-SM-14||Supplier Request Initial Sample & Evaluation Request (RIS/ISER) Form||P|
|QMS-1006309||G-SM-29||[email protected] - Worksheet||D|