At Sensata, we power possibilities. We are engineered to solve big problems. Today, our solutions serve as critical building blocks for making safer, cleaner and more efficient products while our technology systems enable millions to make smarter, more sustainable choices. By harnessing the passion and expertise of our people and working closely with our partners and customers, we are designing a future where the smartest choice is also the most sustainable. At Sensata, inclusive cultures and diverse perspectives drive success. And transparency and accountability are reflected in everything that we do.
At Sensata, we envision the future as being connected and smarter. That’s why we are committed to powering these possibilities together.
A message from our CEO
Team Sensata is who we are and Powering Possibilities Together is what we do. Thank you for following along on our journey.”
- Jeff Cote, Chief Executive Officer & President
Empowering our Workforce
Our culture promotes inclusion and diversity and prioritizes employee health, safety and well-being, while supporting our communities and suppliers. We understand that our continued success requires an inclusive culture where employees are empowered to operate at their best, one that prioritizes our employees, and values transparency and accountability.
This includes our commitment to four key areas:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to ensuring our employees feel a sense of belonging and respect every day and are committed to identifying and preventing discrimination in our business practices. Learn More Here.
- Talent Management: We are committed to ensuring that all hiring practices and employee programs equip each Sensata employee with the tools and resources they need to design, develop and deliver a world of smart, connected solutions. Explore More Here.
- Employee Health, Safety, and Well-Being: We recognize the importance of supporting our employees’ physical and mental health, safety and well-being, and strive to provide comprehensive and competitive benefits that consider the whole family and whole person by supporting their physical, financial and emotional wellness.
- Community Impact: We take pride in the communities in which we operate through our involvement programs that nurture and support STEM education, economic development, civic involvement and diversity. Learn More Here.
Innovating for Sustainability
Our products and solutions create technological efficiencies, enhance user safety, and promote a cleaner environment, facilitating reduced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and supporting our customers in developing more sustainable consumer products. Explore More Here.
As we continue to innovate for sustainability across our businesses, we are focused on the following topics:
- Innovation of Sustainable Products: We are committed to developing new and improved products that offer environmental and social benefits and support our customers in offering more sustainable consumer products.
- Safe Mobility: We are focused on increasing the safety of transportation vehicles and creating a net benefit for the safety of road users and the wider community through our solutions and technologies.
- Product Quality: We are passionate about positive customer experiences and recognize that our ability to deliver high-quality solutions is integral to maintaining our reputation and viability as a company.
- Circular Economy: We believe our role in a circular economy is to design our products for longevity of use and enable the recyclability of our customers’ products.
Protecting our Environment
While our solutions serve as critical building blocks for making safer, cleaner and more efficient products, we recognize that we must also reduce our own energy and water use and to the extent feasible, eliminate the use of toxic or non-recyclable materials in our products. In line with this, we have made a commitment to achieve carbon neutrality in our operations and products by 2050 and report on our progress through our annual Sustainability Report and CDP.
We are committed to responsible environmental management practices at all our facilities worldwide and promoting a culture of working together for a more sustainable world. Environmental management systems at Sensata manufacturing facilities are aligned with and in most cases certified under ISO 14001. Find Certifications Here.
Our Environmental Management Programs are focused on:
- Energy & Emissions: We recognize the role we must play to combat climate change by managing energy consumption and emissions resulting from both our operations and across our supply chain.
- Environmental Compliance: We are committed to the efficient use of natural resources, prevention of pollution, protection of the environment and elimination of environmental hazards where possible.
- Waste Management: We understand that minimizing waste is an important aspect of reducing our environmental impact.
- Water Stewardship: We recognize the need for clean and accessible water and that growing water scarcity poses a challenge to our operations, our customers and the communities where we conduct business.
We have a sense of pride and integrity in everything we do, from how we govern ourselves to our responsible sourcing practices. Our reputation for doing business with integrity and operating with high standards of business ethics helps us grow our business and solve the need for a safer, cleaner and more efficient world.
Our commitment to operate responsibly focuses on:
- Corporate Governance: We are committed to operating our businesses with integrity and adopting robust and transparent governance policies that promote the interests of our stakeholders and strengthen Board and management accountability. Learn More Here.
- Ethics & Compliance: We take pride in doing business with integrity and operating with high standards of business ethics.
- Risk Management: We recognize that risk management is integral to our strategic planning process, business decision making and day-to-day operations of our company.
- Data Privacy & Security: We are committed to maintaining data privacy and cybersecurity and preserving the trust our employees and customers place in us.
- Government & Community Relations: We actively engage with the communities in which we do business around the world but do not make contributions from corporate funds to candidates for state, local, or federal office or to political parties or certain entities, including political action committees.
- Responsible Sourcing: We expect our suppliers and business partners to share our commitment to operating responsibly with respect for people and our planet, and to take a stand against corruption, labor violations and human trafficking. Find More Here.
For Additional Information on Policies, Procedures and Notices, please Click Here.